High School (Sophomores, Juniors, and Seniors)
High School sophomores, juniors, and seniors will play in the High School Fall League presented by PenCities Baseball. This event is open for baseball players in local public high schools as well as participants of PenCities Summer Teams. Players should confirm with their coaches prior to registering for the team.
PenCities will host 3 teams, PenCities Royals (Coach James Madison), PenCities Reds (Coach Lenny Souza), and the PenCities Yankees (Coach Neal Goldstein).
Teams will face each other as well as guest teams from Lowell, Burlingame, Capuchino, Gunn, and more.
Registration for the 2019 fall league is now open and will close in September 2019. If players do not attend one of the local public high schools but participated in PenCities Baseball in the previous summer season, contact League President Dennis Millstein to be placed on a team.
High School Freshmen
Freshmen can contact league president Dennis Millstein for options.
PenCities Middle School Program (7th and 8th Grade and 14U)
The PenCities Middle School (14U) Baseball Program competes in the North Peninsula Pony League during the spring season, participates in travel tournaments in the summer, and provides skills training and games with local teams during the fall. For fall 2019, the program will offer the following set of activities:
* Tuesdays after school: throwing and pitching workouts led by instructor Mitch Labbie (All-League pitcher at Division 2 McMurry College in Texas)
* Wednesdays or Thursdays after school: small group hitting work led by instructor Justin Maffei (Centerfielder leadoff hitter with University of San Francisco and 3 years in Pittsburgh Pirates organization)
* Fridays after school: small group hitting work led by various coaches emphasizing techniques, skills and drills taught by Coach Maffei
* Saturdays: One on-field skills and drills practice, led by team coaches with a designated set of these practices including position specific coaches with college experience
* Sundays: Single games and doubleheaders with teams from around the Peninsula and South Bay Area
This program is for players entering the 7th or 8th grade who want to develop into high school baseball players. Spring 2016 rates as the team's most prominent season when it reached the Pony Super Regional Tournament. Manager Dennis Millstein leads the program and coordinates a number of coaches and position specific instructors . Coach Millstein has managed, coached, and administered high school baseball as well as 14U, 16U, and 18U youth baseball programs for over 20 years
Fall 2019 registration is now open. Spring 2020 registration will open in January of 2020. The Summer 2020 team will be formed by invite. Players interested in joining can register online on the registration page or contact PenCities Baseball President (and 14U manager) Dennis Millstein for more information.